Spring is in the air, the weather is warming up, and getting outside feels amazing. While it's great to enjoy a doobie in your backyard or on your deck, it is still not totally legal to spark up in a public place. Enter edibles, your discreet, lovely little cannabis pal.
What are Edibles?
- Instead of “pot brownies” as blanket term used by goofy uncles to describe food with marijuana in it - edible is used to describe consumable food or drink containing cannabis.
- Edibles come in all shapes and sizes these days. From granola bars to mints to sodas to tea, there’s something for everyone.
- Unlike inhalables, edibles are processed through your digestive tract so know it will take up to an hour to set in.
How Long Do Edibles Last?
- The lasting effects of edibles depend on a few factors; the amount of milligrams they contain, your tolerance, your physical state of being (e.g. often times having a full stomach will delay the onset of edibles).
- Remember: Slow and steady and wins the race. Microdosing is always recommended for novice users. Figuring out your ideal dosage is something that will help you with your purchasing.
What to Do if You Eat Too Many Edibles
- Stay calm. It may feel like the world is crashing down on you, but it’s not. The main key is to stay relaxed. This will pass!
- Eat something! Often times, when you get too high on edibles it is because you have low blood sugar. This is combated by eating something sweet.
- Go for a walk. If you can muster it up, go for a walk. Sweating out the cannabis will help the high disseminate.
Now that you have the 411 on edibles, enjoy them! Remember to know your limits, start with low milligrams and be aware edibles take a bit longer to kick in. Once they do, enjoy!! Check out Caliva's extensive selection of edibles and get them delivered right to your door or pick up in store!
Want more stories like this delivered right to your inbox along with exclusive discounts and access to Caliva events? Sign up now! (we promise we won't blow up your inbox)